Marijuana eliquid has rapidly grown in popularity in recent years, and can be readily found at most marijuana retail outlets and dispensaries where it’s legal.
That said, these options are often quite expensive, and for those not living in a state or country where it’s legal, it can be incredibly hard to find someone to buy it from. However, what many people don’t realize is that making marijuana eliquid at home is easier than you may think.
Below, we breakdown an easy and effective recipe for marijuana eliquid.
- Half an ounce of marijuana flower, grounded as finely as possible. Trimmings and shake can also be used, but will unsurprisingly result in a less potent eliquid.
- 400ml to 500ml of Food Grade Propylene Glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerin (readily available at many locations including Amazon).
- Filtering cloth. If in a pinch, coffee filters can also be used.
- Dropper bottles, preferably 5ml.
- Pretty much any e-cigarette or vape with a clearomizer.
Step 1 – Mix:
Place the PG into a pot and heat on low until warm.
Mix in the half ounce of finely ground Mary Jane (and we ain’t talkin’ Watson!).
Step 2 – Slow Cook:
Allow the mixture to cook, on low, for around five hours, while occasionally giving it a light stir.
If you’d like, about halfway through the process you can add in a few drops of e-cigarettes juice to add flavor, but this certainly isn’t necessary.
Step 3 – Cooling:
After the five hours is up remove the pot from the stove, give it one final stir and allow it to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 4 – Pouring:
Pour the mixture into a bowl using a filtering cloth to remove any solids.
Step 5 – insertion:
Using the dropper bottle, take some of the now-filtered mixture from the pot and pour it into an e-cig clearomizer or tank
As with other marijuana products like edibles, the potency can be decreased or increased to your likely. If you find it’s too strong, try reducing the amount of cannabis used. If too weak, try increasing it.