An annual marijuana competition hosted by High Times in Southern California is seeking cannabis experts to serve as judges for the contest.
The High Times Cannabis Cup SoCal: People’s Choice Edition is inviting those 21 and older to join in as judges by purchasing a judges kit containing various marijuana strains and products in order to provide feedback that would in tern be used to help crown winners in each of the 12 categories. This event will be the third that is open to the SoCal public and will feature the largest pool of judges in history with 2,200.
“This is a sampling dream to get your products into the hands of hundreds of new customers who will provide feedback on your entries, plus thousands of impressions”, says High Times. “May the best products win!”
The competitions is open to all brands across California, but will be judged primarily by Southern California consumers.
“Since everyone believes that they’re the best already, we can’t wait to hear the feedback from the California cannabis community,” says Mark Kazinec, High Times Vice President of Events and Competitions.
According to High Time’s timeline, competitors will submit products between May 8 and May 10, with judge kits available on May 20. Winners will be announced on July 24.
Categories for the contest include:
- Indica Flower
- Sativa Flower
- Hybrid Flower
- Infused Pre-Rolls
- Solvent Concentrates
- Non-Solvent Concentrates
- Vape Pens & Cartridges
- Edibles: Gummies & Fruit Chews
- Edibles: Chocolates & Non-Gummies
- Edibles: Beverages
- Sublinguals, Capsules, Tinctures + Topicals
You can find more information on this contest, and signup to judge, by clicking here.
Judge Kits can be picked up at the following locations:
- High Times Blythe: 1894 E Hobson Way, Blythe, CA 92225
- High Times Coalinga: 286 North 5th St, Coalinga, CA 93210
- High Times Oakland: 7817 Oakport St, Oakland, CA 94621
- High Times Redding: 345 Hemsted Dr, Redding, CA 96002
- High Times San Bernardino: 590 S E St, San Bernardino, CA 92408
- High Times Shasta Lake: 1550 Locust St, Shasta Lake, CA 96019
- Have a Heart: 709 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
- Kush Alley: 16733 Schoenborn St, Los Angeles, CA 91343