There was $47 million in legal marijuana sold in May in New Mexico.
According to the New Mexico Regulation & Licensing Department, there was $47.7 million in total marijuana sales in May, coming from 1,013,476 different transactions. This is more than the $46.07 million sold in April, and identical to the $47.7 million sold in March.
Of the $47.7 million sold, $15,399,985.91 came from medical marijuana sales, with the remaining $32,359,270.41 being from the distribution of recreational marijuana.
Below are total marijuana sales numbers since the start of legal recreational marijuana sales in April, 2022:
- Medical Sales $202,195,970.90
- Medical Transactions 3,934,365
- Adult-Use Sales $332,210,638.45
- Adult-Use Transactions 7,433,643
- Total Sales $534,406,609.35
- Total Transactions 11,368,008
The top city in terms of total marijuana sales is by far Albuquerque, followed by Sante Fe, Las Cruces, Sunland Park and Hobbs.
In New Mexico those 21 and older are allowed to purchase and possess up to two ounces of marijuana, up to 16 grams of marijuana extract and up to 800mg of marijuana-infused edibles. Marijuana is taxed roughly 5% at the point of sale. Recreational marijuana sales also have an additional 12% excise tax, with medical marijuana sales being exempt.
Below are total marijuana sales numbers for May:
- Medical Sales $15,399,985.91
- Medical Transactions 287,904
- Adult-Use Sales $32,359,270.41
- Adult-Use Transactions 725,572
- Total Sales $47,759,256.30
- Total Dispensaries in New Mexico 988
- Total Transactions 1,013,476